Dear PH Friends and Family,
There was so much excitement yesterday as the Governor announced that ALL fall sports were cleared for competition. This includes football!
Here are the bullet points from the Governor’s new executive order
- Gyms will reopen on Wednesday, September 9, which is when volleyball may begin competition
- Soccer may begin competition right away
- Athletes who are competing do not need to follow social distancing guidelines or wear masks
- Everyone else at the event must be wearing a mask and must be social distancing with those not in their household (this includes fans, athletes who are not competing, coaches, and event staff)
- Spectators are allowed. Each athlete may have up to two fans attend on their behalf. (Infants do not count as a spectator. However, children 2 or older should remain home unless they are one of the two allowed spectators)
- No water will be provided at events, athletes are reminded to supply their own water
- Temperatures and symptom check will be taken before each practice and event
- Concessions will not be available at athletic events
The Potter’s House will be following these and other guidelines as closely as possible. We ask that as parents, fans, coaches, and athletes, that you please follow them as well. We are excited to have sports back, so let’s do our best to make sure they stay!
Plan on hearing from your coaches early next week. I will be updating game and practice schedules and the coaches will be communicating this within their teams.
Administrators are working on the best way to LIVESTREAM all athletic events for those not able to attend. Please stay tuned for livestream availability.
One more note, we need more football players! We have an excellent co op with Calvin Christian and can provide busing to practices if we have enough participants. Please email Dan Kapenga if you are interested. Football is available for grades 9-11 and they begin practice again on September 8.